Saturday, January 16, 2021

The Dancing Pair (Instrumental | Fusion Music)



Last year, I wrote some pieces for Kalpavigyan, a Bangla documentary on science fiction. Although it was not used in the documentary at the end, the Dancing Pair is one of those. So I thought that I would publish it independently. (I have plans to publish the other pieces too, but more on it later.) Since then, I have revisited it a few times, wanting it to sound somewhat orchestral without giving up the Indian feel. The task is actually quite challenging, given that I don't have access to any live instruments (or any real training, for that matter). With only a few tabla samples at hand, the entire piece is written in Garageband. Those who have some idea about midi music would know how difficult it is to get the sound of good orchestral strings. I was apprehensive about the sound without any professional gadget or editor, but I did what I could. I think it has turned out quite well; I am happy with the music. It flows at a medium pace with gentle tones, reminding me of a world far less crazy than ours. Illusion!

A few days back, when the piece was more or less ready, Kavita said that the patterns felt intertwined, just like the threads in a braid. She started thinking about the video. Then came Srishti with a beautiful drawing of two fishes. Kavita said that she would capture the 'intertwined-ness' with them. Srishti drew a few more fish and some water. And behold, we have our first animation! We are super happy. They surely deserve a pat for the artwork and the animation. It opens up a lot of possibilities for the future. Stay tuned.


I dedicate this piece to Maa, who should have been here to appreciate it.
- Subhadip

Subhadip
All rights reserved.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Music Composed & Arranged by Subhadip Mitra
Video by Kavita Mitra
Artwork by Srishti Mitra

Thanks to Sandip Kar for his comments and suggestions. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
January 2021. Hyderabad. HoiChoi 
All rights reserved.


#theHoiChoi #theOriginalHoiChoi #HoiChoiAtYouTube #HoiChoiChannel #theHoiChoiChannel #হৈচৈ #होइचोइ #HoiChoiMusic #theHoiChoiStory #HoiChoiBlog #होईचोई #হইচই

No comments:

Post a Comment

HoiChoi | হৈচৈ - The Channel

Visit us @  https://www.youtube.com/c/HoiChoiChannel List of Videos ( Click here to play them all ) The Thirsty Crow Song - Fun Sin...